- Mouth Infections
- Mucosal Changes (disease of lining mucosa of mouth)
- Ulcers of mouth
- Burning sensation in mouth
- Dry mouth
- Fungal disease
- Pain of unknown cause (neuralgias, muscle spasm etc..)
- Salivary gland disorders
- Oral cancer & precancer
- Immunological diseases
- Bone and Joint (TM joint) disease
- Psychosomatic disorders in the oral and maxillofacial region.
Apart from this, Oral medicine is concerned with diagnosis & treatment of changes occurring in mouth associated with certain medical conditions(diabetes mellitus, AIDS, Crohns disease etc..)
MAcare International Dental Hospital offers accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment modalities for all the above mentioned conditions.
ORAL RADIOLOGY is concerned with the Radiographic interpretation and diagnosis of:
- Tooth Related diseases (abscess, cyst, periodontal abscess, periodontics)
- Jaw tumors
- Metabolic disorders
- Temporomandibular joint disorders
- Dental implant planning
- Maxillofacial trauma
Dental Radiology department in MAcare International Dental Hospital is well equipped with Digital OPG Machine, Digital and conventional intra oral X-rays.
Digital OPG helps to obtain full picture of both jaws (upper & lower) in a single film or x-ray. Intra oral digital X-rays obtained by RVG is helpful in root canal treatment.
Digital Machines help to obtain high quality X-rays in a short span of time. As the images are in digital format it will reach the doctor as soon as the X-ray is performed and will be displayed in the monitor on the dental chair. The print out of the X-ray can also be obtained quickly. Thus it is very convenient for the doctor as well as the patient.
Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology serves the dental hospital in the following aspects:
- Systematic methodology in the diagnosis of oral diseases, resulting in accurate diagnosis
- Subsequent formulation of appropriate treatment plan
- Early detection of oral cancer, pre cancer and potentially malignant disorders
- Appropriate usage of supplementary diagnostic aids including
- Laboratory investigation
- Chair side investigations
- Dental management of medically compromised patien (hypertension, diabetes etc…)
- Modification of dental treatment in those patients
- Modification of drug regiments in those patients
- Prevent Drug interactions
- Diagnosing an underlying medical condition (disease) based on its oral manifestation
- Radiographic interpretation and diagnosis of maxillofacial pathologies
- Radiographic planning of dental implant placement
- Appropriate usage of advanced imaging modalities in maxillofacial pathologies, their interpretation and diagnosis